Who knew that making your own nut butter was so easy! This is healthier and tastier than anything you can buy and doesn't have any unecessary sugar.
I use a high-powered blender to make this nut butter but you can also use a food processor. Remember to stop and scrape the mixture down every few minutes. A food processor will take longer but do persevere, it is so worthwhile!
- 1-1/2 cup almonds
- coconut oil
- sea salt if desired
- Spread 1-1/2 cups almonds on a baking tray. Place in 150 C degree pre-heated oven for approx. 8 minutes. Take out of oven, stir the nuts around a bit, and put them back in for another 10 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour cooled roasted almonds into food processor and process on medium speed for a couple of minutes or so. Stop and scrape down the sides when needed, and continue to process until the natural nut oils start to form a paste.
- Keep scraping and processing until the mixture is as smooth as you want it. Chunky is nice too!
- Drizzle in a little coconut oil (for extra goodness) and to help smooth the butter, although this isn't necessary.
- Sprinkle in a pinch of salt to taste (if you wish).
- Blend well, then transfer your almond butter to a jar - or spread it onto something and eat straight away!
You can use this nut butter in cooking, baking or simply eat it straight from the spoon!