Coconut Seed Slices
These slices are chock full of healthy seeds and great for nibbling alongside a cup of jasmine tea! I think they'd keep quite well in an airtight container, but they are always eaten pretty quickly in my house!
- chia egg (made with 2 tbsp chia seeds & 3 tbsp water)
- 150g coconut butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup golden linseeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacoa nibs
- Make the chia egg by mixing the chia seeds with the water and set aside.
- Melt the coconut butter and syrup together. Add the chia egg and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the melted butter/chia mixture. Stir well until just combined.
- Spread mixture onto 2 medium baking trays, patting out until flat and even.
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees C for approx. 20-25 minutes (slightly longer if you want them more crisp and less chewy), until browned.
- Leave on trays to cool, then turn out and cut into slices.