Healthy Green Soup
Whenever I crave healthy greens and want something that will make me feel full, I make this hearty and healthy green soup. Not only is it quick and easy to prepare, but there are no added fats in this recipe and it tastes delicious. You can use any veggies in this - whatever you have on hand. This is the perfect green soup for me! It makes quite a lot - enough for a few lunches - and you can freeze it too!
- 1 small bunch broccoli
- 1 bunch purple sprouting broccoli
- 1 large courgette (zucchini)
- 3 ribs celery - with leaves
- 1 bunch rainbow chard
- 1 onion
- 1 chilli
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small bunch spring onions
- 2 litres vegetable broth (I had one litre already made up from my **Rainbow Chard Pesto, and used vegetable bouillon to make up another litre.)
- Roughly chop all the vegetables and tip into a large pan. Add the vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer and pop a lid on the pan. Let veggies cook in the broth until softened - approx. 20-30 mins.
- Liquidise veggies and broth. Season to taste.