Face & Body Moisturiser
I stopped using chemical laden products on my skin a while ago and have noticed a huge difference. My skin is softer and in much better condition than ever. This is what I use for moisturising my face and body. It is simple to make, very inexpensive when you compare it to any product in a shop, and you don't need very much at all.
If you whip up some extra and put it in a pretty jar, it would also make a really nice gift for someone!
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- 2 tsp vitamin E oil
- 30 drops Lavender essential oil (or your own preference)
- Gently melt the cocao butter.
- Combine melted cocao butter, coconut oil and almond oil in a bowl and place into your fridge until it cools and starts to harden up.
- Once slightly hardened, use a mixer to whip it up. A hand mixer will also work. You may have to scrape the sides of the bowl and whip a few times to get it nice a fluffy.
- Add in your essential oil and whip until combined.
- Store in a pretty glass jar.
Apply to skin as needed for moisturising. You only need a very small amount otherwise it may feel a bit greasy. A little bit goes a very long way!
- You could also use jojoba oil or olive oil in place of the sweet almond oil.
- If you live in a particularly hot climate, you may need to store it in the fridge.